Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Yoga Goodness

My Yoga gear is all this quick air-cooled stuff that can easily wick the moisture off my non-slip mat. Yeah by moisture I mean all the sweat that comes off like a waterfall during a workout.


I love to relax and meditate in a comfortable tank and stretchy drawstring pants. In between days, I go for my Lycra pieces or my Lululemons. Its not just about exercising in style, but working out in comfy wear. Hey twisting like a pretzel ain't easy, but Yoga for me is soo thoroughly good for my back that I can't live without it. In fact, I look forward my my quiet yoga time each day and challenging my body further into sustaining poses as long as I could. I'm no pro and I'm not into the hardcore spiritual lifestyle either (though I'm quite jealous that some people are able to have the discipline to live the way they want). 


In terms of Yoga, I'm more like Tara Stiles and what Tara Stiles does is demystify Yoga, that Yoga is for everybody- and not just Vegans or hipsters or the Asian brothers in my neighborhood. Yoga is for the flexibility and the body's peace of mind. And I'm more attune to that, its a personal preference you might say.

Enjoying a power smoothie right after my Yoga workout

No comments:

Post a Comment